Friday, October 3, 2008

Countdown to the Jewelry Retreat!

Wow, only 9 days left before I leave for my annual Jewelry Retreat with a wonderful and inspirational group of jewelry artists from all over. This is one of the highlights of my year, and I can't wait to see old friends, make new ones, and, most importantly, learn new techniques! I'll be trying Kumihimo for the first time, and perhaps silver clay, as well as new stone setting and metal forging techniques. Ha, and hopefully I'll remember my camera cable this year so I can post pictures while I'm there!

Needless to say, this week I've been working hard on getting extra pieces made for my gallery and wholesale accounts, and staying caught up on customer orders. Hope no-one noticed the absence of the mid-week bench check, oops! Nothing new is actually finished yet, but working on a new pendant and earring set design that I will be posting later today.

I also have gotten in some gorgeous new cabs that I'm determined to have set, along the pink opals I mentioned earlier before I leave next weekend - here's a sneak preview of one of them:

No comments:

Post a Comment