Monday, October 20, 2008

Back from the Retreat!


What an amazing week it was! Non-stop talking, learning, creating and eating - lots of eating!!! I learned fold-forming and anti-clastic raising, and am busy buying hammers and figuring out how to get a wooden stake made so I can get busy making more pieces. My Etsy shop hummed along all week, too, so I am busy today getting my bench back together and getting orders out. Here is a quick peek at my fold-formed leaf piece from the retreat. Copper leaf, with a brass dragonfly, and tiny little bezel set peridot. Already sold!! I'll be back soon with more pictures and details about the retreat.

7 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm rather jealous of the lot of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful piece =) I love your work.
    diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Gorgeous!
    Glad you had fun at the retreat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely drop dead gorgeous piece!! WOW!!!! Sounds like the retreat was a blast, sorry I missed it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the wonderful comments you guys! I'm so excited to be able to do leaves now! Lisa Weber (Silvervine at Etsy) taught us how to do fold-formed leaves, and anticlastic raising. I'm sooo excited about these techniques, I've been wanting to do them forever. Lisa's work is just amazing, I'm so happy to have met her - what an inspiration!! I sure hope you guys can come to a retreat - I'd love to meet you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis is soo very very Wonderful!!! I'm so envious of you all! And this piece just makes it worse~~ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! The retreat sounds like it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete