Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fall, a Time for New Beginnings

For me, Fall has always meant a time for change, and a fresh start, even more than at the first of the year. This is especially true for me this year. My jewelry business has been growing a great deal this year, as I have expanded my metalsmithing skills, opened my Etsy shop, and filled out my portfolio on Trunkt. My sales have been increasing slowly but surely, and my work is now in two wonderful galleries - Kolors in Lexington, Kentucky, and Local Palette Gallery in Lynchburg, Tennessee. I am very excited by this growth, and more inspired than ever to create new designs and learn more techniques. So much so, that after much thought, I have taken the plunge and quit my job in order to devote full time to growing my jewelry business. There is so much that I have wanted to do, but could not due to lack of time. This is a large step, and a bit risky, but I felt the time was right, so here I am! My last day is a week from today, and then I will be a full time artist!! I will be sharing my new journey here on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment