Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday Night at the Market - 02/07/09


Last night my eye was really caught by these gorgeous porcelain veggie beads by Joan Miller Porcelain. One of the things I love about 1000 Markets is the way the front page is different every time you visit. I didn't really feel like searching or browsing last night, so I shopped by refreshing the front page and clicking on whatever caught my eye.


It's a fun way to to shop if you don't know what you're looking for, lol! After seeing the veggie beads, I went to check out Joan's shop and found this adorable Mermaid pendant, too - she'd bring a smile to anyone's day!



My next main page refresh brought up this bright and sunny painting by Nancy of Impressions Gallery. The colors in this painting make me feel like I'm right there with the sun shinging on my face. In fact the beautiful vibrant color in all of Nancy's work is making me want to redecorate my house - I'm imagining some gorgeous rooms right now!



I'd also like to introduce the newest member of the Wearable Art Market that I'm a member of - Sharon MacLeod Jewelry Design. She makes incredibly unique bracelets out of what she describes as 'the most unlikely materials' plus her own wonderful graphic art. My favorite is the Purple Bangles with Dangles stack, and the African Inspired Bangles stack. Yummy!!!



Speaking of bangles, 'bangle' was the search engine word for today's 1000 Markets Search Engine Find. 188 different bangles and bangle purses came up in the results. The one that caught my eye was the very first one on the page, not only because I love it, but because it was made by my friend Janice of Doxallo Designs. Janice is the founder of the wonderful Jewelry Artist Network and forum as well as the wonderful jewelry artist's retreat that I attend every year. Her 'Halfway There' bangle is a classic design with an edge, and would go perfectly with everything I wear!

1 comment: