Sunday, June 21, 2009

Saturday Night at 1000 Markets


This week I want to share a great sale with you! Sue, the artist behind Nine Dragons Sculpture Art has many of her incredible pieces on sale for 25-50% off! If you have been wanting one of Sue's pieces, or if you have not yet seen her wonderful work - take the time to check it out, you'll love it!



One of the pieces that caught my attention right away is the Big Bold Bohemian Bangle Bracelet. This one is definitely a statement piece! The bangle was created with laminate layers of polymer clay, loose cane work, hand rolled tubes of mixed color and several finishes of mica and metallic powders which were applied in different stages and then distressed with selective sanding to give an interesting smooth textured background.



Another piece that I love is the Red Fabric Bitsy Bottle pendant. The design is beautiful, and Sue has constructed it so it is quite functional as well - perfect for tucking away a favorite little inspiration!



Sue is also a talented sculptor, and her little sculpture pendants are different than anything I've seen out there in the vast world of online jewelry. It's hard to pick a favorite, but I am partial to the Baby Steps pendant where she has perfectly captured a tiny baby elephant in polymer clay.



And last, but most certainly not least, Sue is a Painter. Yes, with a capital P. Like the Old Masters. Her technique is amazing, and fully captures the life essence of her subjects. I am mesmerized by the eyes in her painting titled 'The Sultress' - I never get tired of looking at it. If it's still for sale when I can afford it, I'll be hanging it on my wall!

So do take a minute to check out Sue's sale - you are quite likely to find an exquisite treasure!

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, Gale...I'm just catching up with my blogs on reader (200 plus behind lol) and saw this wonderful feature you did on my shop...thank you ever so much! I am quite humbled by your words.

    ReplyDelete