Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Oh my - check these out this mid-week Etsy find!

I happened across the most beautiful shop on Etsy this evening, and I just had to share! Even though I rarely wear anything but jeans and tee shirts, I do love beautiful dresses, and enjoy dressing up (when I'm skinny enough to have fun with it, that is, lol). The costumes created by Steph of the Deconstructress Designs shop are so gorgeous, I'm inspired to start working out and losing weight this very minute!



Van Gogh's Starry Night is one of my all time favorite paintings, and Steph's Starry Night Fairy Gown captures the feel of the painting perfectly. What a dreamy dress - without the fairy wings it would make a perfect dress for an evening of dancing.



Another stunning fairy dress was inspired by Monet, another painter whose work I love. I could easily spend an evening dancing in the lovely Monet Waterlilies fairy costume, too!



And wait - there's one more truly amazing fairy dress you must see - the Autumn Pixie Fall-en piece. The way this one has been constructed to look like the wearer is rising from a pile of fallen leaves is wonderful. I need to find a fab Halloween party this year and go in one of these beautiful works of art!








I was excited to read in her shop announcement that one-of-a-kind formal wear made from new and antique materials is coming in a new shop that Steph will be opening on Etsy. I'll definitely be watching and waiting, that's for sure! The shop name is entwinedapparel, and will feature beautiful, unique wedding and bridesmaid dresses as well as some casual dresses.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Those are stunning! She should be designing for the red carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I thought! Actually, after reading her blog, I think she does do quite a bit of designing for the celebrities. Inspires me to design jewelry to go with her dresses!

    ReplyDelete