Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday Night at the Market - 01/24/09


Tonight's Saturday Night at the Market is an all-night market, I think. I played hooky from the computer this evening and watched movies. But now I'm in the mood to shop!

I'm originally from Chicago, and lately I've been feeling nostalgic for the city and its great shopping (and museums, food, architecture....but that's another blog). I was delighted to see the Windy City Market appear on 1000 Markets last fall. Part of the wonderful shopping experience there is lovely little regional markets springing up from all over the country.



So, here I am browsing around in Chicago, checking where the shops are located and doing a bit of reminiscing about my old hometown. I love to shop at home decor stores (I still remember when Crate and Barrel first opened on Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago), so Decorative Instincts' shop caught my eye right away.



I think I need her gorgeous silk file organizer for my home office - silk on the front, and woven suede on the back, I just want to touch it! I also love setting a pretty table, and the feather (yes, feather!) placements in her shop are totally unique. I would love doing a table around those!



Something else that caught my eye in the market were the Chicago wine charms from Diffraction. I'm going to have to buy those, I think!




One more item I fell in love with tonight is Karen Casey Smith's Dharma of the Dragonfly photographic art. This is another one that may find its way to my house. Yes, I'll definitely be a regular visitor at the Windy City Market!

Time for the weekly 1000 Markets Search Engine find. Tonight's search word was Chocolate. I don't have any, and wish I had some of this incredible looking Creme de Menthe Chocolate Bark from A Sugar Affair. It is Creme de Menthe flavored white chocolate topped with crushed Andes Mints. Wow, that's all I have to say!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments on The Dharma of the Dragonfly, Cheryl! You've featured so many wonderful things in your blog, I will have to stop by often to see what you've discovered. :)

    I've just been checking out your work and it's so unique and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete