Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday Morning Coffee and Etsy 8/8/10

LavenderLatteCrop

I hope everyone is enjoying this warm August morning.  I must admit it’s been a bit toooo “warm” here in East TN this summer – hope it’s better where you are!  For me, the good news is that fall is in sight, only weeks to go now….. Meanwhile, I am spending quality time with my fan, and trying not to melt, ha ha.

 

Now, on to the Etsy treasures that inspired me this morning.  First is a pottery (yes, I’m still addicted to pottery, can’t get enough!)  shop that I recently discovered – Village Clayworks, which showcases the whimsical work of Catherine Reece.  Soft cool pastels and charming birds and bugs adorn her pieces, and you reeceBirdBowlcan’t help but smile when you look at them.   I love every one of her pieces, even the cockroach cereal bowl (not so sure I could eat cereal from it, though!)  My favorites are her bird pieces, though, especially this Bowl with Birds Around.    This reeceBirdBowl2 smaller Bird Bowl is on my wish list, too – in fact, I think a whole set of dishes in this pattern would be great fun!

And if you are looking for an unusual gift, perhaps one of her mugs like the Dung Beetle Mug or the Praying Manis Mug will be just the thing.  These little gems even include a helpful little inscription about their subjects.  Cute!

I have always loved birds – both in art and in life, and when I saw Artocard_Icarus this  gorgeous seagull photo, titled Icarus,  in an Etsy treasury, I immediately marked it, and ArtoCard’s shop, as favorites.   Another of my favorite photos from her shop is titled Hover.  The perfect focus and the way the light reflects off the wings is amazing.  Makes me want to concentrate on getting better at my Artocard_Hover photography.  I have so many wonderful opportunities for great bird photos in my own back yard, but alas, I am the world’s worst wildlife photographer!   Definitely take a browse through the ArtoCard shop to check out other amazing photos of birds and other wildlife.  She is able to capture movement like very few photographers I’ve seen.

Since I had birds on my mind this morning, and I have been looking for a new handbag since the zipper on my favorite bag is now broken, I thought I’d do a search for bird handbags and see ArtisticAccessories_BirdBag what I could find.  I was delighted to find this brand new Etsy shop, Artistic Accessories, that specializes in hand painted bags.   This little bird bag especially caught my eye since the leaves on the branch match the new copper pendant design that I put in my shop this week (and no zipper to break, either).  I love making those heart shaped leaves, and it’s great to find accessories that also use a similar shape.   AutumnMorning5

I think I’ve inspired myself to go down and create something new today while I am working on getting a good start to the coming week’s orders.  I’ve had some new leaf designs in my head for a while that need to be brought to life in time for fall.  So, time to get to work!  Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment