Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Morning Coffee and Etsy – 08/15/10

LavenderLatteCrop Good Morning!  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend wherever you are.   It’s still hot here, but I see that perhaps it won’t be in the mid 90’s every day for too much longer.  I can’t believe I’ve made it this far through a summer in the South with no air conditioning.  I’m considering it “character building” – never say I don’t suffer for my art!  But even this doesn’t make me consider going back to the corporate grind – I love what I do, and business is growing.  It will be fixed for next year, of that I am sure!

With keeping cool on my mind so much these days, I thought I’d FootCandleImages_VintageFando an Etsy search for “stay cool” and see what came up…….

First thing that caught my eye was this great photo of a vintage  fan from the Foot Candle Images shop.   What a treat to discover the work of the very talented Rhonda Peters.   Her shop has a lovely mixture of photographic styles from sharp and colorful to ethereal landscapes and

RGPeters_Magnify

mesmerizing closeups.  I think my favorite of all is the tranquil beauty of this lily pad in Magnify – just looking at it  makes me feel cool and serene. 

Another search for “summer cool” brought me to the Soul Song Creations shop, and this really wonderful and unique serpentine and rustic brass necklace.  What a great mix of colors in a classic little necklace!  As I browsed through the other SoulSongEarthyBrass treasures in this shop, I fell in love – I have definitely saved in my favorite shops list!   Her work with texture and color is just inspired.  Another necklace that I loved is this painted brass disc that has been paired with dusty rose jasper.  Exactly my style, and I think I’m going to SoulSongPaintedBrass have to have this one!  It makes me want to go out and stroll in the garden right this minute in my white linen sundress…..  wait, let’s do a search now for “white linen sundress”.  Yep, I knew something good would turn up – here it is, from the Toccata shop:  White Orchid Linen Dress  and it can be ToccataWhiteOrchidDresscustomized in any size.  I can see either one of the Soul Song Creations necklaces adorning this lovely dress.   Toccata’s shop is  located in Manila, and is actually a bridal shop with some really fabulous custom made wedding dresses along with .  Check out the Rambling Rose You can see the complete wedding gown collection at her Michi Calica website.

Toccata_RamblingRoseWeddingDress And so my Etsy travels end for today.  We started with a vintage fan and ended up with bridal gowns.  You just never know what direction you’ll travel when you start browsing through Etsy. 

So, the cool of the morning fades, and I’m turning on the 2nd fan.  Time to retire to the basement studio.  Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment