Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Morning Coffee and Etsy – 3/14/2009

LavenderLatteCrop

I’ve decided my little stoneware mug of lavender infused coffee will be the new icon for the Sunday morning Etsy posts.  Right now, I’m using delicious lavender buds from Blossom Farm, but come May, I’ll be using my own fresh lavender.  I’m so looking forward to spring blooms (hopefully they’ll be on their way soon!). 

I’ve mentioned before that I’m hoping to have a booth at our MoonblossomSignworks2 Greeneville Farmer’s Market this year.  Lot of work to do to get a booth together, beginning with a great sign that will represent the feeling and look I hope to evoke in my work.  I was delighted to find the work of Moonblossom Signworks while searching on Etsy.  Exactly what I’ve been looking for!!  I have a vision of my booth-to-be that is a perfect combination of whimsy, elegance and cottage garden – just like the wonderful artwork created by Beth Brown.   You can see more of  Beth’s wonderful work on her website. In addition to Completed_Sky_Dome_2-1 signs, she offers gifts, murals and trompe l’oeil, and even painted furniture.  I’m a big fan of trompe l’oeil, and absolutely love this soaring dome painted as a sky that is featured on her website.

Another recent Etsy discovery was the gorgeous felted handbags by Daimblond.  I especially love the bag she has done inDaimblondFeltedBag1 shades of black, white and grey, embellished with french lace. Looks like it’s a great match for the soft gray found in the Spring 2010 fashion colors!   Another great bag in her shop is done in a cool, fresh blue and beige combination, also perfect with this spring’s new colors.  I especially love the way the beige blends into the blue – reminds me of the waves racing up into the sand at the waters edge.  And the little hand-felted DaimblondFeltedBag2 shell is the perfect icing on the cake!  This very talented fiber artist is originally from Moscow, and currently living in France. She is a member of both the Etsy European Street team and the Russian team.  One of my favorite parts of being a part of the Etsy community is that it is, indeed, a global marketplace in every sense of the word.   

Speaking of the global marketplace and Etsy teams, I must mention that I am now a proud member of the FTEC team on Etsy.  I’m so excited to be a part of this incredible group of savvy  business owners!   I’ll be doing an entire post on this great team in the near future.   RealisationCreationsHeliodorHowever, I just couldn’t resist featuring this sweet little Bumblebee necklace from the Art Jewelry collection in the shop of Realisation Creations.  I fell in love with it the minute I saw it, and I bet you will, too!   Natalia hails from Adelaide, Australia, and is a wonderfully talented wire artist.  She has been creating jewelry for about 9 years, and her pieces are a wonderful mix of unusual beads, vintage glass, luxe gemstones, ceramics and both Bali and Karen silver.   You can read more about her in this Etsy article.    RealisationCreationPearls

I’ll end this post with one more little treat from Natalia’s shop – her classic little Rococo pearl earrings.  Simple, but none the less stunning, these South Sea Shell pearls are an affordable little wardrobe staple that no woman should be without!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week – talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh thank you so much for the feature - I absolutely love that trompe l’oeil too - it's just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely selections. I love the sea & sand felted bag.

    ReplyDelete