Sunday, May 3, 2009

Saturday Night at 1000 Markets (Sunday morning version)


Oops, late again! I was not too tired to shop last night, but I was too tired to blog. But now I have my morning tea in hand, and I'm ready for a new week. Very ready for a new week! Last week was not the best down in the studio - one of those weeks where everything was a struggle for no reason. I'm so glad that doesn't happen very often! The garden had a great one, though, and my Moje Hammarburg rugosa rose put out her first bloom of the season - live inspiration for my rose pieces. I'm going to keep making silver roses until they look just like hers!

Things are getting more and more active and exciting at 1000 Markets. Traffic and sales are up, and special events are happening everywhere.

It's already time for the monthly Wearable Art Market get-together tonight and you are all invited!! Hosted by Streetnoodles, the party is at 7pm EST, 6pm central, 5pm mountain and 4pm pacific time, till whenever in the Wearable Art Market public forum.

Here's what she writes about tonight's get-together:
The "Wearable Art Market" is eager to break down the walls between buyer & seller...opening the doors of discussion that will help everyone to understand a little more about our varied crafts and the inspiration behind it...even the day-to-day mundane tasks needed to be done to follow our passion.

Art will be the subject of course-- inspiration, latest ambitions, recent successes-- or works in progress-- BUT i recently watched an old video of "A Chorus Line"...and the question that came up, "what i did for love"...corny i know BUT i would like to ask a variation of that question--"what is the most silly or humiliating thing you've done for art? ...think about it & bring it to the forum!

I suggest you pop some popcorn, or maybe some salsa & chips, beverage of your choice, barefeet or "bunny" slippers a must, and maybe a pillow for your bum...we're in for the long haul.



Another market that has wonderful things going on is the Wear it Out market - "the place to find your total outfit head to toe".

The market blog, as well as some of the members' individual blogs feature an entire outfit of wonderful pieces created by market artists. Check out the fabulous turquoise and blue collection put together by Silver River Metal.

I fell in love the the gorgeous Reflections in Water knit bolero by Designs by Velvet, and found that she has an entire collection of gorgeous shrugs and boleros. Another one of Velvet's pieces that I love is her Lace of Lilac knitted shrug. I adore the sleeves!

Althea Peregrine is another member of the Wear It Out market, and has put together a lovely outfit and featured it on her blog. I was thrilled to have my copper cuff bracelet featured along with her gorgeous collection. I'm also glad to have discovered her gorgeous silk art!

This little drawstring purse is definitely something I'm going to treat myself to. Feathers have a special meaning for me, and I love the beautiful blue and purples she has used.

Her silk wall hangings are also stunning. I will definitely be saving up for one of these - they would look just perfect in my house! I think my favorite is the Ancient Landscape VIII. This one is quite meaningful to me, and I'd love to look at it every day hanging on my wall.

I also love the Ancient Landscape IV. The color is simply spectacular, and I love the unlikely mix of giraffes with a bevy of ancient ladies. Both motifs are from a prehistoric rock art site in Africa by the name of "Beautiful Ladies".

And speaking of landscapes - I am lucky enough to live in an area with an abundance of beauty that I hope to find time to photograph this year. (since I can't paint, alas) I'll close today with one of Jeff Pittman's gorgeous views of the mountains around Asheville - In Yellow Light.

Have a wonderful Sunday! And don't forget to come visit with us at the Wearable Art Market get-together tonight at 7:00 p.m. Eastern.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I love your blog, and particularly enjoy your flowers! Your jewelry is gorgeous! So blog on and count on me to be here!

    ReplyDelete