Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday Morning Coffee and Etsy 02/14/10

CoffeeandStevie3

I hope everyone is having a lovely Valentine’s Day!  Stevie, my sweet little African Grey, and I have  just finished up the morning coffee.  No, Stevie isn’t allowed to drink the coffee, but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t try!  She is convinced that if I’m eating or drinking she should be too! 

Stevie and I have been catching up on my Facebook friends, and while I was there, I came across a ‘friend of a friend’ whose work I immediately fell in love with.  I admire anyone who does intricate wirework, as I simply can’t imagine having that kind of patience.  Meet Vanina, from Vidin,Bulgaria.  Her Etsy shop, Vanini Design,  contains amazing works of art using wire and gems, each more beautiful than the next.  The pieces range from simple and elegant to gloriously luxurious.  VaniniTurquoise1 I had a hard time picking out my favorites, but finally decided that the 'butterflys’ turquoise and pearl earrings were my favorite. I have always loved the combination of lustrous pearl against sky blue turquoise, and these earrings are simply stunning.   The delicate chains and swirling silver wire make them just perfect!

VaniniKyanite And speaking of swirling silver – her ‘moonlight’ earrings with the most delicious shade of indigo blue kyanite were another favorite!  Simple, but still luxurious, I can definitely picture these on my ears!  I think they’d look great with my jeans while I’m working in the studio! 

Another Etsy shop I found this week provides the perfect backdrop for jewelry.  I can just see the gorgeous designs from Vanini Design against the simple classic lines of Ureshii’s beautiful, form-fitting, yet supremely comfortable dresses, tops and leggings.  TabBlueDress This cobalt blue dress is made from bamboo rayon to your exact measurements.  Yes, that’s right – all of the clothing that Emily and Amanda make are customized to your own measurements – how wonderful is that!  And not just a few measurements, either – they measure just about everywhere!  Ha, and the best part about this particular dress is that according to the description it looks better the curvier you are!  Yep, my kind of dress all right!  If dresses aren’t your thing, don’t worry, there are plenty of great tops, pants and skirts, too!

TheleatherstoreOkay, so, now we need a bag to wear with our great clothes and jewels, right?  Check out The Leather Store.  Oh, my.  I can just feel the soft buttery leather on this gorgeous bag.  I NEED a new new bag……and black goes with everything, right?   I love this ruffled look, but if ruffles aren’t  your thing in a handbag, this great shop has plenty of other, sleeker designs.  Becki makes each bag completely by hand out of only the best, high quality leather. 

So there you have it – dressed head to toe in handmade couture brought to you by wonderful Etsy artists!

No comments:

Post a Comment