Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday Morning Coffee and Etsy – 12/27/2009

 

Coffeecup2 I have been missing posting my weekly handmade shopping posts for the last few months, and am happy to say that they are back!    I have lots of wonderful new discoveries squirreled away in my Etsy favorites list.  I really never get tired of browsing through the shops of the many talented artisans to be found online – I’m an expert at armchair shopping in my pajamas, ha ha…..

The first little treasure I’d like to present is this yummy canvas and lace tote by Wonderwear.  I’ve always loved the look of lace with rustic materials like faded denim, and this tote WonderwearCanvasLaceTote with its lovely lace against canvas recycled from a military duffle bag is a perfect example of that look.  Unfortunately, it is already sold, but there is another canvas tote in her shop as well, made from the same military canvas with  hand braided parachute cord handles.  Wonderwear’s shop is a great eclectic mix of interesting, one of a kind eco-friendly items that I’ll be keeping my eye on for sure!

Etsy is a great place for pottery addicts like me, and I have found another wonderful pottery shop – MissPottery, run by Pennsylvania MissPotteryPitcherArtist Melissa Older.  Her work has a  whimsical yet earthy feel,  and I just adore the lovely sage greens, lavenders and browns that are used in many of her delightful creations.  Read more about Melissa in this Philadelphia Inquirer article.   I am in love with her wonderful sage and brown pitcher with its fluted handle – just perfect for warm maple syrup to go with my Apple Cinnamon Nutmeg Pancakes! KathleenLolleySeaOwl

And speaking of sage greens, browns and whimsy – this adorable Sea Owl print by Kentucky artist Kathleen Lolley definitely needs to be in my collection!  I love this description from her Etsy shop:  “Kathleen is a painter, a hermit and conjurer of crafty things”.  KathleenLolleyGypsyCountess Another print of Kathleen’s that I love is the magical Gypsy Countess, who is painted in the soft greens and golds of my beloved chenille sofa – definitely need that one, too!   Do stop by Kathleen’s website to read more about her and view more of her work.

 

 

LBArtworksBirdsLeavesBagContinuing on in the earthy greens and browns,  I’ve discovered the shop of a fellow Tennessean today!  I have been buying my bags from artists online for several years now, and I suspect my next bag will come from LBArtworks’ shop!   I’m going to have a hard time deciding between the cute Birds, Trees and Leaves bag and the Ice Crystals bag with the wonderful crocheted lace paired with a swirl of flowers. LBArtworksIceCrystalsBag

My coffee is done, so I am off to the studio for a pleasant afternoon working on new custom orders and my Mom’s Christmas pieces (yes, that’s right – I am finishing my mom’s gifts on the Sunday after Christmas…..but she is used to this, lol!)  Hope you all have a lovely, relaxing day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    Great and very helpful article, i really like it thanks for sharing
    this useful information with us but can you tell me something about buy scrap gold if yes, then
    please let me know..

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your Etsy choices and just spent quite a while on Kathleen Lolley's Etsy shop.
    Hope you have a Fantastic & Prosperous New Year :)
    nicola xx

    ReplyDelete