Sunday, September 30, 2007

Back from the Retreat!!



Wow! I learned soooo much. Here you see us hard at work on the back deck, and the lovely view of the water from the same deck. I loved getting to watch how other people do things, and having the time to practice and play with new tools and techniques. I have been afraid to try stuff like acid etching and patinas without seeing it first, and this gave me a chance to try (and smell!)these things. I was also able to see the Koil Kutter in action (I now have one so I can make jumprings for handmade chains) and was able to try a rolling mill and Foredom flexshaft as well. I can't afford a rolling mill yet, but I did buy a flexshaft which I can't wait to start using to drill holes and polish with. And, of course, the best part of the whole experience was that I made some wonderful new friends that I really look forward to seeing again at the next retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment