Friday, November 10, 2006

Cinque Terre WIP (Work in Progress)


I'm a member of a wonderful online community - the Wearable Art forum at WetCanvas.com - and we have a thing called Wearable Art Friday, or WAF for short. A theme is chosen and everyone designs a piece that is inspired by the theme. A two week period is given, at the end of which everyone votes for the piece that best represents the theme, and the winner chooses the next theme. This is great fun, and I thought I'd share the piece I'm currently working on as well as the theme. I love the mix of stones, shells and silver (especially the citrine dangles) chosen to represent the lovely warm colors in the photo. The dangles are just a bit too long for a bracelet, so I've decided to re-do the piece as a necklace, and will post the finished piece as soon as it's complete.

The theme is the Cinque Terre region of Italy, one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. This is somewhere I'm definitely going to have to visit! The photo below of the town of Manarola was taken by donbenito and is posted at flickr.com - http://www.flickr.com/photos/donbenito/237796081

No comments:

Post a Comment