Sunday, January 17, 2021

I love January....and Sundays...

January is always full of promise for a new year, and Sundays allow the time to daydream and plan.  So, I'm just now finishing up my tea, and considering making another cup.  Wonderful breakfast invention I'm calling the "California Sunshine Scrambled Tofu Bowl" has been enjoyed by all, and there might have been cake.  Because dessert, we love dessert.  We are allowed dessert if we eat healthy veggies and protein first.  And, I did sub in half whole wheat flour.  And no frosting - doesn't need it.  ha ha...

Quickie photo of said bowl of healthy goodness, and the recipe:  

Tofu Bowl - California Sunshine with Orange Tahini Sauce
Serves 2

4 oz sliced mushrooms
1/2 medium red onion diced
1 large jalapeno, diced

1 box silken extra firm tofu

1 teaspoon spicy Mrs. Dash
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
fresh cracked black pepper to taste

4 cups fresh baby spinach

1 avocado, sliced
2 T toasted sunflower seeds
1 orange peeled and segmented

Sauce:
3 T tahini
1 heaping teaspoon white miso
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
juice of 1 lemon
zest from one orange
juice of one orange (at least 1/4 cup)
pinch salt

Make sauce:  wisk everything in a small bowl, adust texture with water or additional orange juice.  Should be pourable, but not thin.

Preheat pan, add 1T extra virgin olive oil, or 2T water if you don't use oil.  When hot, add mushrooms, diced onion and jalapeno, and saute about 4 minutes.  Add water to prevent sticking when needed (just a little at a time).

Add tofu, break up into pieces in the size you prefer.  (I make mine into scrambled egg-like texture).  Sprinkle over spices, and saute another 2 to 3 minutes, adding water to prevent sticking.

Add spinach, and stir until wilted

Put into large flat bowls.  Add sliced avocado and orange segments, top with sauce and toasted sesame seeds.  Enjoy!

With the sun peeking out between the clouds, my mind is turning to bright new jewelry ideas perfect for a Sunday afternoon.  Speaking of new jewelry ideas...  This large dragonfly ring is one I made for my mom a couple of years back, and always intended to put in the shop, along with matching pendant, earrings, and whatever else I can think up.  I love the combination of the opal with the silver and brass.  It reminds me of the iridescence of a dragonfly's wings in the sun.  

The ring is now in the shop, and a matching pendant is waiting to be photographed and listed.  I'm thinking about earring designs.  I've needed a new dragonfly earring design for a while.  Hopefully one will happen today.  We shall see.  I've been known to get distracted by all pretty stones lying on my bench and making something totally unrelated to the plan.  Ha.  Until next time the blogging spirit moves me....bye for now.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment