Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saturday Night at the Market and a bit of Denim Lapis – 09/26/09

 

ForeverinBluejeans1 I’ve been busy all day updating my 1000 Markets shop with my latest creations, the last of which was this simple but bold denim lapis ring.  Of course I had to do some shopping around the markets while I was waiting for pictures to upload.  While I browsed, I started reflecting on how in one short year, 1000 Markets has grown into a truly grand place to shop for fine quality handmade goods.  If you haven’t shopped there yet, you simply must check it out before you start your Christmas shopping!  The front page changes every time you visit, so I make a habit of stopping by the page a few times when I’m online, and I always discover something fabulous that I have never seen before.

 

Reenie_Velvet_Ruffles

Tonight I found this stunning painting by Reenie Kennedy  – Velvet Ruffles is the title – perfectly named!  I love fuschias, and some years I have a pot of them hanging from the Virginia Pines that form a kind of gazebo around my garden chairs.   Reenie also has a painting of  an adorable hummingbird that I’d just love to have, titled The Flyby.  I’m worReenie_The_Flybyking on a new ring with a brass hummingbird, and this little guy will be on my mind for sure while I’m working on it!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another delightful shop I found tonight was Intentions, a truly heavenly soap shop.  I will definitely be trying their ‘Put da lime in da coconut’  soap very soon!  I love handmade soap, and if it is Intention_limeindecoconut half as good as this gorgeous picture it will be a shower to remember!    The ‘Berry Me’ is pretty high up on my list,  too – it is described as “A pure, fruity, berry scented soap, with a bit of vanilla for depth.”  Yes indeed, their soaps are ‘where heaven meets earth’ for sure!Intention_BerryMe

1 comment: