Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Little Flower...


I love how it is possible to create just about anything in metal with a saw, a hammer and a flame. This little ring is the beginning of what I hope will be a series of jewelry embellished with these sweet little golden flowers. The flower here was drawn freehand onto brass sheet, they sawed out with a jeweler's saw and hammered and shaped into a wee little buttercup with a fine silver ball in the center. The ring shank has a fine satin brushed finish that really doesn't show up in the photo. Jewelry photography is an art in itself, and I have a long way to go in this area. I'll be calling a professional if I ever need "real" photos! And I just might - one of these days I'm going to get organized and publish a catalog as a sales venue.

1 comment:

  1. This is very cool.does the flower catch on things when you wera it?

    ReplyDelete